These Tahini Cookies are made with no oil, butter or eggs. Gluten-free and, these cookies can be easily prepared at home. It’s not a complicated recipe and can be made by anyone! What makes these cookies a delicious tea time treat is that they have the perfect balance of all the flavours. Just a little button of crunch with a nuttiness from the sesame and tahini, the sweetness of pure maple, goodness of almonds and a touch of vanilla! These cookies are not too sweet and can be enjoyed by people as well. In the case you want them sweeter, you can also add some coconut sugar to make them.
Ingredients of Gluten-free Tahini Cookies
- 3/4 cup powdered buckwheat (kuttu)
- 4 tablespoon tahini
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- sesame seeds as required
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Step 1 Prepare the tahini-maple syrup mixture To prepare these amazing cookies, take a bowl and mix maple syrup, tahini and vanilla essence until fully combined and there are no lumps remaining in your mixture.
- Step 2 Prepare the cookie dough Mix in ground almonds until fully combined. In a separate bowl, combine sifted buckwheat flour and baking soda. Add it to the tahini mixture in 3 batches. The mixture will be thick and sticky so it’s best to use your hands.
- Step 3 Make cookies with this dough Divide dough into 12 even pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and dip it in a plate of sesame seeds (if using), press the ball down with a bottom of a glass to create a 1⁄2 cm thick 5 cm (2 in) diameter disc.
- Step 4 Place the cookies in refrigerator Once you get all the discs coated in sesame seeds. Put them into the fridge for about 40 minutes. When it’s 30 minutes in, pre-heat the oven to 175° C / 350° F.
- Step 5 Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes Bake in a hot oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove the biscuits from the oven, transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool down completely before eating.
Mashed Potatoes And Walnuts Recipe
Mashed potatoes are not only one of the best side dishes that we have but also elevates the taste of anything that you are eating it with to a whole other level. These are easy to make and with the creamy texture melting in your mouth with your steak, you can’t just stop at one serving. The most important thing to remember while preparing these is to get the texture and the slight hint of pepper right. In this recipe, the mashed potatoes are made along with crushed walnuts and believe us, it adds a beautiful, nutty flavour to the dish. The richness of the creamy mashed potatoes along with that of the walnuts complements the whole dish well. To prepare these all you need is the right ingredients ready and less than 20 minutes of time in your hand. So, to begin, follow this step-by-step recipe below!
Ingredients of Mashed Potatoes And Walnuts
- 8 potato
- 500 ml milk
- black pepper as required
- 80 gm walnuts
- 2 teaspoon virgin olive oil
- salt as required
- Step 1 Boil the potatoes Start with cutting the potatoes into big cubes and boil them until tender.
- Step 2 Beat the potatoes and add milk in batches. Mash and beat the potatoes with the chopped walnuts. Add the milk in three batches and keep beating the potato walnut mix.
- Step 3 Season, plate, and serve! Season with salt and pepper, add a dash of olive oil, beat again. Serve as a side dish with roasted vegetables or with any kind you prefer.